Need something else?

If you own a multiple dwelling building, you must try to get the bed bug history of the units in your building. Then you must file a Bedbug Annual Report. Local Law 69 of 2017 requires this.

Check with tenants and unit owners to find out:

  • If they had a bed bug infestation
  • If so, whether they took action to remove it

Your property registration must be current to file the report. If you need to register your property with Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), go to the Building Registration page.

File the report online with HPD between December 1 and December 31. It covers November of the previous year through October of the current year.

If you do not file by December 31, HPD may issue you a violation.

File an Annual Bed Bug Report.

Only certain people can disclose bedbug infestation history. 

They are: 

  • Registered property owners
  • Managing agents of multiple dwellings

Learn more about Annual Bed Bug Reporting.

See the Bed Bug Annual Report FAQs.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No