The DOE provided internet-enabled Digital Learning Devices to public school students in New York City. All Digital Learning Devices were granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned.
DOE is no longer providing Digital Learning Devices.
Get answers to some Digital Learning Device questions.
Returning a DOE Digital Learning Device
If the student is returning to a DOE school, DOE Pre-K or 3-K program, or are participating in a DOE program in a non-public or charter school, you do not need to return the Digital Learning Device to DOE at this time.
If the student is not returning to a DOE school or program, the borrowed device must be returned to DOE. You can bring the device back to the last DOE school the student attended. Make sure to give it to the Principal, Assistant Principal, Parent Coordinator, School Point of Contact for Technology (SPOC) or other person at the school who is in charge of technology.
Learn more about returning a Digital Learning Device.
You can get help with DOE Digital Learning Devices, including but not limited to:
- Setting up the device
- Accessing applications
- Technical issues
- Internet connection issues
- Device delivery status
- Connectivity issues in temporary housing
- Agency: Department of Education
- Division: DOE Service Desk
- Phone Number: (718) 935-5100
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 6 AM - 5 PM
- You'll hear an automated message that will ask for your language. After choosing your language, press 5 for remote learning device assistance.