Need something else?
- Affordable Connectivity Program for information about a federal program that helps low-income households pay for broadband service and internet-connected devices
NYC’s Office of Technology and Innovation officially launched Big Apple Connect in September 2022 to ensure that NYCHA residents have access to free, fast, reliable, and safe internet.
NYCHA residents without existing home internet can sign up for Big Apple Connect with either Optimum or Spectrum (service provider will depend on where you live). Existing Optimum and Spectrum customers will have their bills reduced to as low as $0, as monthly internet and basic cable TV charges are eliminated.
NYCHA residents in eligible developments can receive the following for free:
- Internet connections with download speeds of up to 300 Mbps
- Wireless router
- Basic cable TV
- Cable box and remote control
Residents of select NYCHA developments are eligible to enroll in Big Apple Connect. More developments will be added throughout 2023.
More information, including the full list of eligible NYCHA developments, is available online. You can also get assistance by phone.
- Agency: Optimum
- Phone Number: (866) 580-1410
- Business Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 7 PM
- Agency: Spectrum
- Phone Number: (866) 960-1754
- Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week