A license is required to cultivate cannabis or sell cannabis through a retail dispensary. No licenses have been issued at this time to sell cannabis in New York City. 

You can report suspected unlicensed cannabis sales by emailing enforcement@ocm.ny.gov. The Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) Enforcement Unit will investigate the report. 

Your email should include the following information, if possible:   

  • Business name and full address
  • Business owner’s/manager’s name, address and contact information
  • Information about alleged activities (pictures, social media accounts, known sources/origin of cannabis)

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No