Need something else?

The Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) licenses:

  • The growth of cannabis
  • The sale of cannabis

This includes

  • Cultivators
  • Processors
  • Distributors
  • Dispensaries

The OCM is creating regulations. These will outline how to apply for a license.

You must apply for a license if you want to:

  • Grow Cannabis
  • Sell Cannabis

You can apply through a retail dispensary.

You cannot have both of the following at the same time:

  • Cultivation license
  • Retail adult-use cannabis license

Licensed dispensaries cannot sell tobacco products.

OCM is now accepting applications for the following licenses:

  • Adult Use Cultivator
  • Adult Use Processor
  • Adult Use Distributor
  • Adult Use Retail
  • Microbusiness

You can submit your application online using the New York Business Express (NYBE). Sign in or create an account to access NYBE.

Visit for the latest information. Email for help.

Patients can consume and cultivate cannabis if approved by a certified New York State health care provider. The legislation also allows people with a larger list of medical conditions to access medical marijuana and increase the number of caregivers allowed per patient. 

If you are a patient and your certification expires, you can speak with your certifying health care provider and they will issue you a new, updated patient certification if appropriate.

If you are a New York State licensed practitioner, you can learn how to certify patients for medical cannabis. 

Patients and providers can get more information online.

Learn more about the Medical Cannabis Program.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No