Need something else?
- Share Your Space Survey to learn about a survey that identifies spaces in your community that could support City emergency operations or community outreach
If you are an asylum seeker who has just arrived in New York City, you can get free and confidential help at the Asylum Seeker Resource Navigation Center. You will need to schedule an appointment through NYC shelter staff or a community-based partner office.
The Center will connect you with services and resources, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance enrollment
- Healthcare services and appointments
- Mental health counseling
- School enrollment
- Child services
- Immigration legal services
- IDNYC (Municipal Identification) enrollment
You can get some basic services at the Center. The Center can also connect you with providers and community-based organizations throughout the five boroughs of New York City, including Humanitarian Emergency Response and Relief Centers (HERRCs).
Visit nyc.gov/asylumseekers for more information.
To be eligible for services and referrals, you must:
- Provide U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement paperwork showing that you entered the U.S. Southwest Border on or after January 1, 2022,
- Currently live in New York City, and
- Make an appointment with the Center
The Center is open to anyone who meets those three requirements. You do not need to live in a New York City shelter to access these services.
At the appointment, you will have an interview. It will be:
- Fully confidential
- In your preferred language
- With a trained case manager
The case manager will help identify your needs and connect you to services, resources, and information.
The Center is located at:
The Roosevelt Hotel
45 East 45th Street (between Vanderbilt and Madison Avenues)
New York, NY 10017
Open 24 hours, 7 days a week
Appointments can be made through staff at:
- NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) Shelters
- NYC Department of Education Schools
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Sites
- NYC Health+Hospitals Sites
The following Community Partners are also scheduling appointments:
The Road Forward
You can download "The Road Forward" which explains New York City’s response to the asylum seeker crisis and its causes.
Download "The Road Forward: A Blueprint to Address NYC's Response to the Asylum Seeker Crisis."