Need something else?

If you work for a Construction Labor Provider—also known as a “body shop” or temp agency—you have rights regardless of your immigration status or previous arrest record.

Construction Labor Providers that assign you to do construction work or manual labor on NYC worksites must have a license from the Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP), and they must give you required notices in English and in your primary language for your signature.

You can make several complaints about Construction Labor Providers, including:

  • Operating without a license
  • Written notices not provided
  • Written notices not provided in a primary language
  • Notice of Certification not provided or incomplete
  • Notice of Rights not provided when hired
  • Notice of Assignment not provided or incomplete

What Happens Next

To receive follow up on your request, you must provide your address. The Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP) will mail you a complaint form, which you must complete and return. If you also provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive the form by email instead. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.

DCWP will consider your complaint a tip if you do not provide your address.

The Department of Consumer and Worker Protection does not accept reports of rude employee behavior. You should report this type of complaint to the business.

For reports of discrimination, go to the Discrimination page.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No