Need something else?

You can get information and assistance if you are currently doing business with the City of New York.

Most vendor service procurement by City agencies must be obtained through the bid process. While the lowest bid is an important factor, it is not always the only factor in choosing a vendor. The ability to deliver the desired services in the required timeframes, experience in a desired field, and other factors are also considered.

Individuals and businesses interested in doing business with the Department of Finance (DOF) or other City agencies can get more information on the DOF’s website.

Get information about doing business with the City.

Getting Paid

As a vendor or contractor, you must register online to do business with the City through the Payee Information Portal (PIP). Once you are approved by the Comptroller's Office, you will be provided with an active vendor code.

You must also have a valid purchase order, contract, or service call number before beginning work for a city agency. Each city agency is responsible for providing purchase orders, contracts, and service call numbers to the vendors and contractors doing business with them.

For vendors and contractors, each City agency’s accounts payable unit:

  • Handles the invoice process and advises vendors of requirements and procedures
  • Responds to questions about the payment process
  • Resolves any problems that arise

To obtain payment, you must submit invoices to the agency. Invoices should:

  • Note the purchase order, contract, or service call number for the job
  • Include a description of the service or goods and the date(s) and location for where and when they were rendered or shipped

For vendors or contractors with a maintenance contract for equipment, the invoice should:

  • Note the month being billed
  • Include the type, serial number(s), and location of the equipment

Sales tax should not be included because the City does not pay sales tax.

Once submitted, invoices are entered into the Citywide Financial Management System (FMS). Once accepted, invoices are scheduled for payment to the vendor or contractor by the Comptroller's Office. Payment can be made to you either by check or by direct deposit to your bank account through the Electric Funds Transfer (EFT) Program.

Payment Not Received

If you do not receive an expected payment in the mail because of an incorrect mailing address or a lost or stolen check, you should contact the City agency with which you do business. The agency will investigate. 

Depending on the outcome of the investigation, you may be asked to submit one or more forms or documents, including signature verification.

Receiving Bid Updates

To receive updates on current bids and proposal information, interested vendors must register with and view bids on the City Record website. 

Access the City Record Online (CROL).

The Vendor Payment Direct Deposit Program is the City's electronic payment system. Vendors with city contracts over $25,000 must enroll in the program. All other vendors are encouraged to enroll. 

There are many benefits of enrolling in the program to receive payment through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). You can:

  • Save money: Avoid the $3.50 fee that is charged for each paper check issued by the City. 
  • Get safe and secure electronic payment: Paper checks can be lost in the mail, stolen, or delivered to the wrong address.
  • Receive payment faster: Payment by EFT is deposited directly into your bank account, saving days of waiting for a check to arrive in the mail.
  • Save time: EFT deposits into your bank account are automatic. You do not waste time depositing the check at the bank and waiting for the check to clear. 
  • View payment records: Use the Payee Information Portal (PIP) for current payment records, or request copies of the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) from your bank for confirmation that a payment was received.

You can get more information, including a copy of the enrollment form.


Learn more about the Vendor Payment Direct Deposit Program.

Download the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Enrollment/Change of Account Form.

By Mail

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to request a copy.

Required Documents and Enrollment Process

For direct deposit into a checking or savings account, you must include one of the following:

  • A blank check with the vendor or contractor's name imprinted on it and the word "VOID" written across it
  • A copy of an encoded deposit slip imprinted with the vendor's name
  • A copy of a bank statement
  • A letter signed by the vendor's bank representative confirming the account name, account number, and the American Bankers Association (ABA) routing number

You may submit your completed enrollment form and your check, deposit slip, bank statement, or bank letter by mail, fax, or online.


Contact the Department of Finance.

By Mail

NYC Department of Finance
Financial Services, Electronic Funds Coordinator
66 John Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10038

By Fax

NYC Department of Finance, EFT
(646) 500-7152

What Happens Next

Once DOF receives your completed enrollment form and documentation, it may take DOF up to 10 business days to verify the information with your bank. 

If there are no problems, your next payment will be deposited into your bank account. If there are problems during the verification process, a DOF representative may contact you for further information.

Changing EFT Banks or EFT Account Number

Whenever you change any information or close your account, you must notify the Finance Treasury Division, indicating the type of change you are requesting. These changes may include switching to a different bank or changing bank account numbers.  

In order to record your changes, complete and submit the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Vendor Payment Enrollment form with your updated information.

You can get information about contracting opportunities with City agencies.

Visit the Mayor's Office of Contract Services website.

Contact the Mayor's Office of Contract Services.

You can get information about city contracting opportunities through PASSPort on the Mayor's Office of Contract Services website. You can also view the Getting Started: An Introduction to Doing Business with the City of New York guide for some helpful information.

Learn more about PASSPort.

View guides and videos on how to use PASSPort.

Technical Assistance

You can get more information and technical assistance by contacting the MOCS Service Desk online.

VENDEX is now PASSPort

PASSPort is the City’s new, user-friendly, online procurement portal where vendors and Agencies exchange information to create and manage vendor accounts, submit disclosure information, complete performance evaluations as well as find and respond to contracting opportunities.

The City is no longer accepting paper VENDEX packages. PASSPort has replaced paper-based processes, including VENDEX questionnaires. You can submit your disclosure information online in PASSPort either for current or future contracting opportunities.

The Payee Information Portal (PIP) provides assistance for payees or vendors who do business with New York City.  

You can:

  • Check payment status
  • Update your business information, addresses, and contacts
  • View agreements and invoices from City agencies
  • Review and enroll for commodity codes to receive solicitations from New York City
  • Report subcontracts and payments made to subcontractors

You can get more information about PIP, including technical assistance.


Access the Payee Information Portal (PIP).

If you need further assistance, you can email
By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

Fiscal Management and Operations provides assistance to suppliers who do business with the City and have questions about payments and invoices.

Contact the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.

You can get assistance if you are having difficulty with your City contract, including payment problems, by contacting the Community Action Center at the NYC Comptroller’s office.


Contact the Community Action Center for questions with City contracts.

Access Payee Information Portal (PIP) for updates on NYC contract payments.

Get information about contracts from Checkbook NYC.

By Phone

  • Agency: Comptroller
  • Division: Community Action Center
  • Phone Number: (212) 669-3916
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM

Email is the City’s default method of sending out notices of solicitation for contracting opportunities.

If you are a vendor, you should ensure the City has an up-to-date email address for your business by going to the online Payee Information Portal (PIP). The City will use that email address to contact you with notices of solicitations and availability.

Further Assistance

For more information on your account and how to update your email address, you can contact the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) on their website.

Contact the Mayor's Office of Contract Services.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No