The NYC Speaks initiative conducted a citywide survey through February 11, 2022. The survey is now closed.
Survey responses helped inform the priorities and policies of the new Mayor, his administration, and the future of New York City. This initiative was a partnership between civic organizations, City government, and philanthropy.
The Adams administration created an Action Plan based on the survey results.
The Action Plan contains five key “North Stars” that will serve as foundational policy goals for New York City along with initial commitments from city government. The North Stars reflect the collective vision of New Yorkers and of the Adams administration to create a fairer, more equitable city for all.
- North Star #1: Formerly incarcerated New Yorkers will have the support and resources they need to succeed when they return home.
- North Star #2: New York City public school students have access to culturally competent mental health resources.
- North Star #3: Historically disinvested neighborhoods will be prioritized for capital investments in community and recreation spaces that support social, economic, and climate resilience.
- North Star #4: Young New Yorkers and residents in environmental justice communities will have access to green career pathways created by city-led decarbonization and resilience efforts.
- North Star #5: New York City’s government will be transformed into a national model of collaborative, inclusive, and accountable governance that strengthens democracy, expands civic engagement, and enhances civic trust.
Learn more at nycspeaks.org.