If you make restaurant deliveries for an app that takes customer orders directly, you can file a complaint if your rights are violated.
You can report a licensed app that does not:
- Tell you how much the customer tips for each delivery
- Tell you your total pay and tips for the previous day
You may have better access to restaurant bathrooms when you pick up orders. Exceptions apply. Contact the Department of Consumer and Worker Protection.
You can report any app that does not:
- Let you set limits on how far you will go from restaurants and which bridges or tunnels you will use
- Tell you route details before you accept a delivery
- Pay you at least once a week
- Give you a free insulated food delivery bag after six deliveries
Email your complaint to OLPS@dcwp.nyc.gov. Please be as specific as possible about the problem.
- Agency: Department of Consumer and Worker Protection
- Division: Office of Labor Policy and Standards
- Phone Number: (212) 436-0380
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Phone assistance is available, but some calls may go straight to voice mail. Please leave a detailed message and a representative will contact you. As an alternative, you can send an email to OLPS@dcwp.nyc.gov for assistance.