Need something else?

The Human Resources Administration (HRA) permits groups to seek donations for charitable purposes.

These groups include:

  • Non-profit groups
  • Associations
  • Corporations

HRA administers public solicitation licenses. A public solicitation license lets event producers ask for donations at their events.

They can request donations for:

  • Services
  • Products
  • Charities

These events can take place indoors or outdoors.

Outdoor donation events include:

  • Pledges to walk-a-thon/bike-a-thon
  • Door-to-door canvassing with a kit

Indoor donation events include, for the purpose of fundraising:

  • Donations taken in a public space
  • Thrift shop
  • Rummage sale
  • Book sale
  • Bazaar
  • Sale of tickets

Learn about license guidelines and the application process.

Download the application.

To check the status of an application, email

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No