Need something else?

New York State’s Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. The Pass is only accepted in New York State.

Businesses and entertainment venues can scan and validate the pass to ensure you meet any COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements for entry. When using the pass, you’ll be asked to show a photo ID that shows your name and birth date to verify identity.

The Excelsior Pass can digitally store information on your smartphone with the Excelsior Pass Wallet app, available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. You can also print your Pass from the Excelsior Pass website and bring it with you.

Participation in Excelsior Pass is voluntary. You can always show alternate proof of vaccination or testing, like another mobile application or paper form, directly at a business or venue.

Once you enter an establishment, you must continue to follow social distancing, face covering and hand hygiene guidelines.

Learn more about the Excelsior Pass.

Get answers to frequently asked questions about the Pass.

Download the Excelsior Pass Wallet app for:

The COVID-19 Vaccination Pass is valid for 30 days after the Pass is retrieved. After the pass expires, you can retrieve a new Pass from the Excelsior Pass website.

The COVID-19 PCR Test Pass is valid until midnight on the third day after your test. After your COVID-19 PCR Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.

The COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass is valid for 6 hours after your test. After your COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.

You can get technical assistance and provide feedback for the Excelsior Pass support team.

The support team:

  • Can submit a ‘record review’ for you and submit a technical support ticket.
  • Only provides technical help and does not have access to any personal health records.
  • Will not be able to provide specific details about personal eligibility for a Pass.


Get assistance or provide feedback for Excelsior Pass.

By Phone

  • Agency: New York State Department of Health
  • Division: Excelsior Pass Technical Support
  • Phone Number: (844) 699-7277
  • Business Hours: Daily: 7 AM - 10 PM

You can request your immunization record to verify your vaccination history data.

Call 311 for assistance.