New York State’s Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of your COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. The Pass is only accepted in New York State.
The Excelsior Pass Plus provides the same information as the regular Excelsior Pass and also includes your vaccine type (including boosters/additional doses), vaccine site, and date of your vaccination, just like your CDC Vaccination Card. The inclusion of this health information enables you to have a verifiable record of your COVID-19 vaccination history for record-keeping and/or usage outside of New York State.
Anyone who has received a COVID-19 vaccine or negative test result in the State of New York is eligible for an Excelsior Pass, including children under 18 years old. Parents and legal guardians may retrieve and store Passes on behalf of children or minors under legal guardianship. Multiple Excelsior Passes for adults aged 18+ and children under 18 can be stored on the same device.
Businesses and entertainment venues can check your Pass to ensure you meet any COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements for entry. When using your Pass, you must also show a photo ID that shows your name and birth date to verify identity. Once you enter an establishment, you must continue to follow social distancing, face covering and hand hygiene guidelines.
Participation in Excelsior Pass is voluntary. You can always show alternate proof of vaccination or testing, like another mobile application or paper form, directly at a business or venue.
Learn more and get answers to frequently asked questions about:
Download the Excelsior Pass Wallet app for:
Retrieve an Excelsior Pass or Pass Plus
To get your Pass, you will need to visit the Excelsior Pass Web Portal and provide:
- Date of birth
- Telephone Number
- Zip Code
- Details related to your vaccination or testing history
For Excelsior Pass Plus, you will also need to provide a valid phone number or email address in order to receive a PIN to verify your information.
You can print your Excelsior Pass/Excelsior Pass Plus directly from the web portal, store the Pass to the New York State Excelsior Wallet app on your smartphone, and/or add the Pass to supported mobile phone wallets.
Retrieve a Pass/Pass Plus from the Excelsior Pass Web Portal.
Types of Passes
There are three types of Passes:
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Pass is available 15 days after the final dose of the vaccine was administered.
- The regular Vaccination Pass is currently valid for 365 days after the final dose.
- The Vaccination Pass Plus does not expire and includes your initial vaccine series as well as any boosters or additional doses.
- The COVID-19 PCR Test Pass is valid until midnight on the third day after your test. After your COVID-19 PCR Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.
- The COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass is valid for 6 hours after your test. After your COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.
After Getting Booster or Additional Dose
If you have already retrieved your Excelsior Vaccination Pass Plus before getting your booster or additional dose, wait 3 to 4 days after you received your booster or additional dose. Then you can retrieve a new Excelsior Vaccination Pass Plus which will have those booster or additional dose details included.
Assistance and Feedback
If you were vaccinated at a New York City-run site and require a change to a vaccination record, you must email NYCvaxrecord@health.nyc.gov.
The support team:
- Can submit a ‘record review’ for you and submit a technical support ticket.
- Only provides technical help and does not have access to any personal health records.
- Will not be able to provide specific details about personal eligibility for a Pass.
Get assistance or provide feedback for Excelsior Pass.
Learn more about COVID-19 Vaccine Records.