New York State’s Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. The Pass is only accepted in New York State.
Businesses and entertainment venues can scan and validate the pass to ensure you meet any COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements for entry. When using the pass, you’ll be asked to show a photo ID that shows your name and birth date to verify identity.
The Excelsior Pass can digitally store information on your smartphone with the Excelsior Pass Wallet app, available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. You can also print your Pass from the Excelsior Pass website and bring it with you.
There are three types of passes:
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Pass is currently valid for 365 days after the final dose of the vaccine was administered.
- The COVID-19 PCR Test Pass is valid until midnight on the third day after your test. After your COVID-19 PCR Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.
- The COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass is valid for 6 hours after your test. After your COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.
Participation in Excelsior Pass is voluntary. You can always show alternate proof of vaccination or testing, like another mobile application or paper form, directly at a business or venue.
Once you enter an establishment, you must continue to follow social distancing, face covering and hand hygiene guidelines.
Learn more about the Excelsior Pass.
Get answers to frequently asked questions about the Pass.
Download the Excelsior Pass Wallet app for:
Excelsior Pass Plus
Excelsior Pass Plus is a secure, digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. Your Pass Plus provides safe access to your vaccination information, and includes vaccine type, site, and date of your vaccination, just like your CDC Vaccination Card. The inclusion of this health information enables you to have a verifiable record of your COVID-19 vaccination history for record-keeping and/or usage outside of New York State.
Your Pass Plus may be accepted by participating organizations in New York State seeking proof of vaccination, and/or entities outside of New York State.
Your Pass Plus is a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record and has no expiration date.
Learn more about Excelsior Pass Plus.
Assistance and Feedback
If you were vaccinated at a New York City-run site and require a change to a vaccination record, you must email email@example.com.
You can also get assistance and provide feedback for the Excelsior Pass support team.
The support team:
- Can submit a ‘record review’ for you and submit a technical support ticket.
- Only provides technical help and does not have access to any personal health records.
- Will not be able to provide specific details about personal eligibility for a Pass.
Get assistance or provide feedback for Excelsior Pass.