NYC Means Business: Training for Your Employees, a program from Department of Small Business Services (SBS), provides no-cost, online training to help NYC-based business owners and employees.
Training is provided for essential technology tools and COVID-19 Safety training, including:
- Computer applications, including:
- Computer basics
- Microsoft Office 365 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access
- Google Workspace*^ - Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Drive, Hangouts
- Online marketing and creating a website
- Online sales and e-commerce
- COVID-19 Safety Training* including:
- Health and hygiene in a pandemic
- Food & beverage
- Retail businesses
All trainings are taught online with a live instructor on specific dates/times.
* Course is available in Spanish.
^ Course is available in Chinese (Mandarin).
The business must:
- Have at least one employee, working a minimum of eight hours per week,
- Be in operation for at least six months, and
- Pay employee(s) during training.
The employee(s) must:
- Be 18 years or older,
- Work a minimum of eight hours per week, and
- Have worked at the business for at least one month.
Learn more about NYC Means Business: Training for Your Employees.
- Agency: Small Business Services
- Division: NYC Business Restart Hotline
- Phone Number: (888) 727-4692
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM