Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

New Applicants

New applicants for the Mobile Food Vending License can submit an application by mail or in person.

By Mail

DCA Licensing Center
42 Broadway
New York, NY 10004

In Person

By Appointment Only. Please email or call (212) 436-0441 (Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM).

Renewing Licensees

New York City’s Emergency Executive Orders that extended license expiration dates and renewal application deadlines because of the COVID-19 pandemic ended. The deadline to renew your Mobile Food Vending License depends on the expiration date.

Visit the Department of Health's permits and licenses page for the latest updates.


  • Pre-permit inspections are by appointment only.
  • The Health Academy class and exam are now virtual. New applicants should check the back of your application receipt which explains what you need to do before the class and exam.

Need something else?

If you will sell food from a permitted pushcart or truck year-round you must have a Full-Term Mobile Food Vending License. All license applicants must attend and pass a Mobile Food Vendor Food Protection Course before they are issued a license. The license is required before applying for the permit.


The license fee is $50. United States veterans are exempt from the fee.

The combined fee for the license renewal and tax clearance is $60. United States veterans are exempt from the license fee but must pay $10 for the tax clearance.

The cost of the course is $53. Applicants apply for the license and register for the class at the same time.

Currently, only in-person applications and registrations are available.

Expiration Date

The license expires every 2 years on staggered dates.

You can request a license application packet, which includes forms and information about requirements.


Visit the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's permit page.

By Mail

Call 311 to request a paper copy.

You can get information on renewing your license online through the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's website. 

Visit the Department of Health's permits and licenses page.

You can get the status of your application.

Call 311 for assistance.

You can get answers to license-specific questions and information about application requirements.

Call 311 for assistance.

In January 2021, the City Council passed a bill that would increase the number of permits for mobile food vending. New permits will not be issued until July 2022. More information will be available in the coming months.

Read more about the food vendor permit bill.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No