Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
New applicants for the Mobile Food Vending License can submit an application by mail or in person.
DCA Licensing Center
New York, NY 10004
By Appointment Only. Please email LicensingAppointments@dca.nyc.gov or call (212) 436-0441 (Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM).
- If your license expired between March and May 2020, you can submit your renewal application by mail or in person. See above.
- If your license expired after May 31, 2020, please wait to receive your renewal package from the NYC Health Department.
- Pre-permit inspections are by appointment only.
- The Health Academy class and exam are now virtual. New applicants should check the back of your application receipt which explains what you need to do before the class and exam.
- All NYC Health Department licenses and permits that will expire or require renewal are extended for the duration of the State of Emergency in accordance with Emergency Executive Order 107.
Visit the Department of Health's permits and licenses page for the latest updates.
Read Executive Order 107.
If you will sell food from a permitted pushcart or truck year-round you must have a Full-Term Mobile Food Vending License. All license applicants must attend and pass a Mobile Food Vendor Food Protection Course before they are issued a license. The license is required before applying for the permit.
The license fee is $50. United States veterans are exempt from the fee.
The combined fee for the license renewal and tax clearance is $60. United States veterans are exempt from the license fee but must pay $10 for the tax clearance.
The cost of the course is $53. Applicants apply for the license and register for the class at the same time.
Currently, only in-person applications and registrations are available.
The license expires every 2 years on staggered dates.