Need something else?
- Outdoor Dining Complaint to report a restaurant's outdoor dining structure blocking a street or sidewalk, with missing or defective barriers, ramps, or platforms, not accessible for people with disabilities, or missing a permit
- Report COVID-19 health and safety violations at a:
Effective June 15, 2021, the State's health guidance and New York Forward industry specific guidelines—including social gathering limits, capacity restrictions, social distancing, cleaning and disinfection, health screening, and contact information for tracing—are now lifted for most businesses and other commercial settings, including:
- Restaurants, bars and other food services
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Amusement and family entertainment
- Hair salons, barber shops and other personal care services
- Small-scale indoor event venues (under 5,000 capacity)
Businesses are free to choose to continue to adhere to the State's archived guidance, or implement other health precautions for their employees and customers. Businesses are also allowed to require masks and six feet of social distancing for employees and customers within their establishments, regardless of vaccination status.
However, indoor event venues with capacity of 5,000 to 9,999, health care and medical facilities, and City offices and buildings must still follow existing COVID-19 health and safety rules.
Business reopening complaints are no longer accepted.