You can file a complaint about a store in New York City that refuses cash payments. This includes businesses that sell food, such as restaurants and food carts.

Cash means U.S. paper currency and coins.

By Email

Email your complaint to Please be as specific as possible about the problem.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No