Need something else?

You can make a complaint about an unregistered 1-2 family home that is not occupied by the owner or the owners’ family with the Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD). Annual registration with HPD is required for a building with one or two units where neither the owner nor any family member occupies the building.

Maintenance complaints and building condition complaints can be made regardless of a building’s registration status.

HPD will research the complaint and advise the owner to register the building.

By Email

Send an email to

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No