The U.S. Census Bureau’s Regional Office is seeking to hire tens of thousands of New Yorkers as temporary, part- and full-time Census Takers. Census Takers, also known as Enumerators, will go door-to-door during the mid-May through August non-response follow-up period. Other positions may also be available.
To be eligible for 2020 Census employment, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid email address
- Complete an application and answer assessment
- Pass a background check
- Commit to complete the training
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends
Learn about all job requirements and apply.
View frequently asked questions about Census jobs.
- Agency: United States Department of Commerce
- Division: 2020 Census Jobs Line
- Phone Number: (855) 562-2020
- Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week