Need something else?

  • Homeless Assistance to request outreach for homeless individuals living on the streets, in the subway, or in other public places

If you have a family member or friend living on the streets, you can work with the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) to offer them support and services. DHS will make every effort to reconnect you with your loved one and help them off the street.

After submitting your report, DHS will contact you to get more information and determine how you can help the individual.

Your report must include your:

  • Name
  • Phone number
  • Name of the person in need of help
  • Relationship to the person in need of help
  • Description of the person in need of help
  • Location of the person in need of help


Contact the Department of Homeless Services. (Choose "Friends and Family Program" as the message topic.)

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No