Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
If you are experiencing sudden changes to your household budget or income due to COVID-19, financial counselors can help you:
- Manage your money and set up a spending plan
- Contact creditors about existing loans, including student loans
- Draft letters to creditors to lower payments or temporarily suspend payments due to hardship
- Develop a strategy to minimize debt
- Access local, state, and federal emergency resources
Many Financial Empowerment Centers are not providing in-person assistance at this time, but you can still schedule an appointment to speak with a financial counselor by phone. You'll need to sign up for a Financial Empowerment Portal account first.
Sign up and book an appointment online.
EmpoweredNYC is an initiative to build financial security for people and families with disabilities.
If you or someone in your family has a disability, you can schedule a free and confidential financial counseling appointment.
Counselors trained on disability benefits and accessibility can help you:
- Manage your benefits and services, including Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), while paying bills and saving money
- Understand work incentives so you can start or return to work and continue to receive monthly SSDI or SSI payments
- Tackle Social Security Administration (SSA) overpayments
- Reduce your debt
- Strengthen your credit score
- Open an ABLE account
- Open a bank account
Book an appointment online.
ASL Direct via Video Phone
Call (646) 889-2626.