The Human Resources Administration offers low-cost DNA testing for parents seeking to determine the correct parenthood of their child. The cost is $45 per person.
- You will be referred to a state-certified laboratory.
- A swab is used to take DNA samples from inside the cheeks of the baby and both parents; the test is quick and painless.
- You do not have to go to the lab the same day as the other parent.
- If you are under age 18, the laboratory may require you to have one of your parents accompany you.
- Results will be sent to you by mail about 2 weeks after the lab receives all 3 samples.
You can schedule an appointment or get more information.