City residents can get a free smoke/CO (carbon monoxide) alarm, or fresh batteries for an existing alarm, from the Fire Department at Get Alarmed NYC events throughout the City. You can also call the American Red Cross.
At Get Alarmed NYC events, you can sign up to have your smoke alarm installed by an American Red Cross volunteer. These volunteers will be identified by their American Red Cross attire.
You can call the American Red Cross for more information, including:
- How to get a smoke alarm if you can’t get to a Get Alarmed NYC event
- How to schedule an installation of your alarm
- How to sign up to volunteer
You can find out the next event near you.
- Agency: American Red Cross
- Phone Number: (877) 733-2767
- Business Hours: Mon - Fri: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM