Need something else?

Parents who are unable or unwilling to care for a child or teenager may contact an Administration for Children's Services (ACS) Field Office to discuss the option of voluntarily transferring custody of the child or giving up parental rights.

There are ACS field offices in each borough, open Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. It is important that you tell ACS that you want to voluntarily place your child.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No