If your vehicle was towed by the NYPD, reclaim it within 10 days.
To get your vehicle back and settle your violations:
- First settle any Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) violations for traffic tickets or expired license, vehicle registration, or New York State Safety and Emissions inspections.
- Then bring the required documents to the tow pound and pay your fees and violations.
- After you reclaim your vehicle, pay or dispute the ticket that caused the tow.
To get your vehicle back, you must pay following fees and violations:
- $20 storage fee per night
- $185 tow fee for regular sized vehicles
- $370 tow fee for heavy-duty vehicles weighing 8,000 pounds or more
- Fines, penalties, and interest for parking and camera violations in judgment
NYPD tow pounds accept major credit cards, cash, certified checks, and money orders.
It may take the Department of Finance up to 2 weeks to post payments to your account. If you paid everything you owe and your payment is not posted after 2 weeks, bring your proof of payment to a Department of Finance Business Center.