SYEP Bridge will provide fully online constructive work-based learning activities. Participants will be engaged 15 hours per week for 5 weeks during July and August.
14-15 year olds will participate in a paid project-based learning experience that will provide enriching career exploration, emphasize work- readiness, help foster leadership and develop numerous skills. In addition, 16-24 year olds will also have the opportunity to engage with employers and build your network through mentoring, career panels, and social media workshops.
Internet access is required to participate in SYEP Bridge. Please let your provider know if you do not have an internet connected device including a smart phone, iPad, or computer.
You must be:
- 14-24 years old as of July 18th, 2020
- Youth aged 14 - 21 may apply online.
- Youth aged 22 - 24 may qualify for specialized programming through SYEP Summer Bridge 2020. Contact Youth Connect by phone for additional information.
- A resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City
- Legally allowed to work in the US
Required documents include but are not limited to:
- Picture ID
- Proof of age
- Proof of address
You will submit your documents online to your community based organization. You will not submit documents in-person.
If you’ve already applied to SYEP 2020, you will need to log into your existing application to select a provider and agree to the new program model.
You will receive up to a $1,000 stipend based on your attendance and participation.
Get information about SYEP.
Apply for SYEP Summer Bridge 2020.
Learn about other summer job, internship, or training programs.
Contact Youth Connect, a free and confidential helpline for young people.
- Agency: Department of Youth and Community Development
- Division: Youth Connect
- Phone Number: (800) 246-4646
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Youth Connect is experiencing technical difficulties, if the call fails to connect you can call again later or email them at email@example.com.