If you are a minor and would like to work, you can apply for working papers. You can get an application from a local public high school.
You must complete the form and return it to your school with the following information:
- Parent or guardian's signature
- Birth or baptismal record
- Doctor's note proving fitness to work
Learn more about working papers.
Download an application for working papers.
- Agency: New York State Department of Labor
- Division: Division of Labor Standards Local Office
- Phone Number: (888) 469-7365
- Business Hours: Mon - Fri: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours.
Applying During Vacation Periods
If you are on school vacation or do not attend school, you can get working paper forms and assistance at the school nearest your home.