The YMI Community Crisis Response Initiative is a city-wide initiative open to all youth serving organizations and nonprofits. Eligible community-based organizations (CBOs) would receive up to $20,000 to provide these crucial services.
Organizations must meet the following requirements in order to apply:
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or have a fiscal sponsor;
- Use funding exclusively to support NYC school aged students (3rd-12th grades);
- Proven track work implementing mentoring, academic tutoring and social-emotional services to youth of color;
- Must have NYC vendor number or be willing to apply for one.
Preference will be given to the organizations that:
- Are community-based;
- Serve youth of color;
- Serve youth with the greatest need;
- Serves YMI priority communities and/or the NeON Communities (Brownsville, Bedford Stuyvesant, East Harlem, East New York, Harlem, North Shore Staten Island, South Bronx and Southeast Queens);
- Demonstrate a culturally relevant pedagogy;
- Tutoring that focuses on science, math and literacy.
Applicants may request one-time funding for up to $20,000 which must be used by March 31, 2021. The application period begins September 21st, 2020 and ends October 5th, 2020.
You can get more information online about applying, funding details, and other requirements.
Learn more about the YMI Community Crisis Response Initiative.