Call 911
Call 911 for a downed power line causing a life-threatening situation.

You can report a problem with telephone poles or wires.

Verizon maintains telephone poles throughout the city.

  • Agency: Verizon
  • Division: Complaints
  • Phone Number: (800) 837-4966
  • Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
  • Automated assistance is available at all times. Staff is available through the automated phone system for residential customers and the general public Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 8:30 PM and business customers Mon - Fri: 8:30 AM - 5 PM.

Verizon Nitrogen Tanks

Verizon maintains nitrogen tanks on street lights citywide. The tanks are used as part of the process of cable maintenance.

Poles and Wires

Utility poles and the wires between them are used to provide electrical, telephone, or cable services. They are primarily owned and maintained by utility companies, such as Verizon, Charter Spectrum, and Con Edison. The poles are usually made of wood. To report a problem with electrical poles or wires, use the Electrical Complaint page.

Street lights have metal poles, and are usually powered by energy supplied through wiring located in the base at the bottom of the pole. They are rarely powered by wires strung between poles. The City's Department of Transportation maintains street lights. To report a street light problem, use the Street Light Complaint page.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No