Call 911
Call 911 for medical emergencies.

Need something else?

You can report a product that caused an injury or might not be safe.

You can report unsafe merchandise to the Federal Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The Commission does not take complaints about:

  • Automobiles, trucks, and motorcycles
  • Car seats protecting children in on-road vehicles
  • Food
  • Medicine
  • Cosmetics
  • Medical devices 
  • Business practices

  • Agency: United States Consumer Product Safety Commission
  • Division: Consumer Product Safety Commission Local Office
  • Phone Number: (800) 638-2772
  • Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week

You can make a complaint to the Federal government about unsafe:

  • Drugs
  • Medical devices
  • Cosmetics

  • Agency: United States Department of Health and Human Services
  • Phone Number: (877) 696-6775
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM

You can get information about and report the sale of prohibited imported cosmetics, herbal medicine, or other products which contain heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, or mercury.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for more information or to report the sale of these unsafe products.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No