Health Department Chest Centers provide free evaluation and treatment for tuberculosis (TB).
TB services at Chest Centers are always free and you will not be asked about immigration status.
Clinic services provided by Chest Centers include:
- TB testing by skin test or blood test
- Chest X-ray
- Medical evaluation
- Treatment for active TB disease or infection
- Sputum induction
- Social services referral
- HIV counseling and testing
- Directly observed therapy (in-person or video conference)
You can be tested if you have risk factors for developing TB. Chest Centers do not offer TB testing for administrative or school purposes.
You must call to schedule an appointment if you would like to be seen.
Learn about TB Chest Centers.
Schedule an Appointment
- Agency: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Division: Tuberculosis Chest Centers
- Phone Number: (844) 713-0560
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Morrisania Chest Center
1309 Fulton Avenue, 1st Floor
Bronx, NY 10456
Fort Greene Chest Center
295 Flatbush Avenue Extension, 4th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Washington Heights Chest Center
600 West 168 Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10032
Corona Chest Center
34-33 Junction Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
NYC Health Clinics accept all types of insurance. If you have insurance, the clinic will bill your plan but won’t collect payments from you.
If you don’t have health insurance, you will still get services. You will be asked to pay a sliding scale fee. The fee may be based on clinic type and your age, family size, and income.
Learn more about clinic billing.