You can get free information, testing, and referrals for treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). STIs include syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia.
When visiting an NYC clinic:
- Testing and services are offered based on an evaluation of your medical needs.
- Services are confidential.
- You will be helped regardless of your immigration status.
- If you are 19 years old or older, sexual health clinic staff will ask for your health insurance information or a sliding scale fee based on your income and family size. If you do not have health insurance or cannot pay the fee, you can still get services. Your visit will remain confidential.
STI Test for Teens
You can get sexual health services at a clinic without your parents' permission or knowledge. Services are confidential, free or very low-cost, and open to all. You will be helped regardless of your immigration status.
At many of these clinics, you can also get:
- Birth control
- Emergency contraception (also known as the morning-after pill)
Learn more about STIs.