School Safety Plans
Every school has a Safety Plan. The Department of Education and the Police Department review, update, and approve these plans each year.
Teachers or UFT Chapter Leaders should report Safety Plan violations to the principal right away.
Office of School Safety and Planning
The Office of School Safety and Planning monitors and provides assistance to schools with safety issues. The office manages safety planning, emergency preparedness, and the school Discipline Code for the school system.
School Safety Committee members include:
- School principal
- Principal of any other program operating in the building
- UFT chapter leader
- Custodial engineer
- In-house School Safety Level III
- Police precinct commanding officer
- Parent association president
- School dietician
- Student body representative
- Any other person the committee considers essential