You can get information about school food, including:
- Menus and monthly meal schedules
- Nutritional standards for meals and vending machine items
- Food safety practices
- Allergy policies
- Other food programs and initiatives for students
Learn more about school food and nutrition.
New Nutrition Standards
Schools are working to make meals and vending machine items healthier by:
- Reducing fat and sodium
- Increasing whole wheat, fish, and plant-based proteins
- Increasing fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables
These standards also apply to snacks and drinks sold in vending machines.
Summer Meal Program
During the summer, children ages 18 and under can receive free breakfast and lunch at locations across the City, including many schools, parks, and pools. All children are eligible for free meals, even if they don’t attend public school.
You can learn more about Summer Meals for Children.
Snacks are available if you are participating in instructional after-school programs.