Some examples of programs and facilities available at Recreation Centers:
- Arts, Culture and Fun
- NYC Parks Afterschool
- Computer Resource Center (CRC) programs
- Millennium Basketball League
- NYC Parks Street Hockey program
- Programs for people with disabilities (also called "adaptive" programs)
- NYC Parks Experience Summer Day Camp
- To learn more, go to the Camp page
- Learn to Swim
- Shape Up NYC
- Indoor basketball court
- Indoor pool
- Indoor track
- Computer resource center
- Game rooms
- Strength equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Pool tables
- Table tennis
Centers may also have outdoor sports facilities, such as athletic fields.
Learn about athletic or recreational facilities.
Arts, Culture, and Fun Programs
Arts, Culture and Fun offers events that are free and open to the public in NYC Parks Recreation Centers and parks across the five boroughs.
The Arts, Culture and Fun programs include:
- Dark Night, Bright Lights: Look through telescopes from rooftops and parks.
- Dance Away the Night: Learn how to swing, salsa, and tango.
- Make Your Mark: Try your hand at an artistic pursuit at art workshops.
- Inspire You and Conversation Series: Join inspirational talks and workshops.
You can get more information including dates and locations of events for the current season online.
Visit the Department of Parks and Recreation website.