You can get assistance with fighting or appealing public assistance cases, including:

  • SNAP (food stamps)
  • Medicaid
  • Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)

You may request a Fair Hearing by calling, faxing, going online, sending a written request, or going to the walk-in location.

If your family's request for new or renewed financial assistance for child care has been denied, you will be notified by mail by the Administration for Children's Services.

You have a right to request a Fair Hearing to have the decision reviewed by New York State's Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance. You must request a Fair Hearing within 60 days of receiving the denial notice.

The form and instructions to request a Fair Hearing should have been included in the mailing you received.


Request a fair hearing.

By Fax

Fax your request for a fair hearing to: (518) 473-6735

By Mail

Office of Administrative Hearings
P.O. Box 1930
Albany, NY 12201-1930

In Person

Office of Administrative Hearings
14 Boerum Place, 1st Floor (Between Adams and Livingston Streets)
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Monday - Friday: 8:45 AM - 4:30 PM

By Phone

  • Agency: New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
  • Division: Public Assistance Fair Hearings
  • Phone Number: (800) 342-3334
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No