NYCHA has simplified its Rent Hardship Policy to make it easier to reduce your rent during the COVID-19 crisis.
If your hours have been cut at work, or if you have lost your job, you can complete an Interim Recertification immediately.
Rent for public housing residents will always be 30 percent of the household income. If you have no income at this time, your rent will be zero.
Learn about NYCHA's COVID-19 rent hardship policy.
You can apply online, by phone, or by mail.
Visit the NYCHA SelfService Portal.
You can call NYCHA’s Customer Contact Center (CCC) (select menu option "5" when prompted).
- Agency: New York City Housing Authority
- Division: Maintenance Hotline
- Phone Number: (718) 707-7771
- Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Staff is available at all times to handle emergencies and schedule routine maintenance repairs for Mon - Fri: 6:00 AM - midnight. Automated assistance is also available in Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish.
Call your Property Management Office to have a paper application mailed to you.