You can get information and assistance to help you start, manage, or grow your small business at the NYC Small Business Support Center.
At the Center, you can access services from the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), and Small Business Services (SBS) in one convenient location. Walk-ins are welcome; you do not have to make an appointment.
- Access services to save your business money, such as business courses, legal assistance, and financing
- Learn how to recruit and train staff
- Apply for Minority and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) certification
- Learn how to sell to the government
- Get help understanding and complying with City rules that affect your business
- Get one-on-one help to figure out which licenses, permits, and inspections you need
- Apply for, renew, amend, and make payments for licenses and permits from DCA and DOHMH
- Take licensing tests
- Get fingerprinted for DCA licenses
- Schedule pre-operational Health (DOHMH) and range hood (FDNY) inspections
Learn more about the NYC Small Business Support Center.
NYC Small Business Support Center
90-27 Sutphin Boulevard, 4th Floor
Jamaica, NY 11435
The center is open Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Closed on major holidays.
If you need to take an exam, you should arrive before 3 PM.