NYC Secure will detect threats in real time and put you in control of how your device interacts with the networks you use.
No Wi-Fi connection is needed to detect a threat, so alerts are immediate.
Alerts will fall under three categories:
- Device alerts: Notifies you about settings or activity that could potentially put your device at risk
- Network Alerts: Notifies you about potentially compromised networks you are connected to
- App Alerts (Android only): Notifies you about apps you have installed that could compromise your device's security
If you use the NYC Secure App, you will receive recommended steps to protect yourself, such as:
- Disconnecting from an unsafe Wi-Fi network
- Navigating away from a compromised website
- Uninstalling an app that has been identified as problematic
When you receive an alert from your phone, you decide what action to take. This will help empower users and lead to a more secure online experience.