Medicaid offers health insurance coverage for low-income adults and children who meet income and other eligibility requirements.
Children and teens 21 and under with an active Medicaid case can also get preventive health services, medical care, and dental care. Caregivers who are not foster parents but are financially responsible for children in their care may also be eligible for Medicaid.
If you are in a Medicaid managed care plan and receiving Child and Teen Health Care, contact your Medicaid managed care plan to address any questions about your coverage and services.
Beginning July 1, 2023, you must provide proof of all eligibility factors when you submit a new Medicaid application, including:
You can get more information online and by phone about Medicaid eligibility, how to apply or renew, and required documents.
Learn more about Medicaid on the Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access website.
- Agency: Human Resources Administration
- Division: Medicaid Helpline
- Phone Number: (888) 692-6116
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Automated Assistance is available in English and Spanish 24 hours, 7 days a week. Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours, except on City Holidays. Most languages are available through a staff person.
Beginning August 28, 2023, if you are someone with a disability, aged 65 and older or blind, you can apply for Medicaid online through ACCESS HRA.
Use the ACCESS HRA website or the ACCESS HRA Mobile App.
You can only submit documentation through the ACCESS HRA mobile app. The HRA document upload app will not be available for documentation upload for this application.
You cannot request/submit changes via ACCESS HRA.