If you are a property owner, you may be eligible for financial assistance to make lead paint repairs.

The City may provide grants to help eligible landlords fix lead paint hazards in their buildings. These grants cannot be used to fix violations or other work ordered by any City, State, or Federal agency.

You can get information about program eligibility requirements. You can also request an application.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

The Primary Prevention Plan provides grant money to owners of eligible homes and multi-unit apartment buildings to lower the hazards from lead-based paint.

Buildings are eligible if:

  • Built before 1960
  • Occupants are low- / very low-income
  • Some units have a child or children 5 years old or younger residing in them


Learn more about grants for lead-based paint treatment.

By Phone

  • Agency: Department of Housing Preservation and Development
  • Division: Primary Prevention Program
  • Phone Number: (212) 863-8860
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No