You can get information about hurricane evacuation zones.
Hurricane evacuation zones are areas that may be affected by storm surge flooding. In the event of a coastal storm, areas to be evacuated will be identified by the assigned zone.
Through the Know Your Zone campaign, City residents are encouraged to find out:
- Whether they live in one of the City's hurricane evacuation zones
- The hazards they may face from a hurricane
- How to prepare for a hurricane
When the Mayor has issued an evacuation order due to a coastal storm or hurricane, people with disabilities or other access or functional needs, who have no other options to evacuate safely, can request transportation assistance. Depending on your need, you will either be taken to:
- An accessible evacuation center in an accessible vehicle, OR
- A hospital outside of the evacuation zone via ambulance
You may not be able to request transportation to a specific address.