The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Office of Housing Services provides contract oversight to non-profit organizations that are providing permanent housing to chronically homeless individuals with serious mental illness, or with substance/alcohol abuse issues.

You can reach a program specialist at the Office of Housing Services that can assist you with the following:

  • How to apply for supportive housing.
  • File a complaint about a supportive housing program located in New York City. 
  • Information about the types of supportive housing available.
  • Answer questions from family members, or community members that want to help a person obtain supportive housing.

Learn more about supportive housing.

Call 311 for assistance by phone.