You can get the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) guide, “The Home Improvement Consumer Guide” which provides information about working with home improvement contractors.
The guide covers topics that include:
- Activities that are considered home improvement
- Licensing requirements
- Finding a licensed home improvement contractor
- Getting a detailed cost estimate
- Home improvement contracts
- Controlling the remodeling process
- Filing a complaint
Download “The Home Improvement Consumer Guide."
Get tips for shopping for services.
Call 311 to request a paper copy.