The Home Care Services Program (HCSP) offers home care services to Medicaid-eligible individuals.
The program is for people who are not eligible for or enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care Plan or Managed Long Term Care Plan.
Program staff will:
- Determine your eligibility for long term care Medicaid coverage.
- Evaluate your medical needs.
- Determine the appropriate care.
- Develop a service plan if you are medically eligible.
Based on your medical need, services may include:
- Home attendants.
Other related home care services and benefit programs include:
- Assisted Living Program (ALP).
- Care at Home Program for Severely Disabled Children (CAH).
New York City provides home care assistance to people who are Medicaid-eligible, and who are not required to enroll in a Managed Care or Managed Long Term Care plan.
Medicaid Specialists will determine your eligibility for Medicaid. Professional staff will review your medical needs and determine the appropriate care, including development of a service plan. A case manager will be assigned to assist you with the entire process.
Learn more about the Home Care Services Program.