Find out about New York City’s home care services for:

  • Medicaid-eligible adults
  • Seniors
  • Households with children
  • Individuals with AIDS and HIV

The Home Care Services Program (HCSP) offers home care services to Medicaid-eligible individuals through the CASA program.

The program is for people who are not eligible for or enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care Plan or Managed Long Term Care Plan.

Program staff will:

  • Determine your eligibility for long term care Medicaid coverage
  • Determine the appropriate care
  • Develop a service plan if you are medically eligible

Based on your service plan, you have access to:

  • Housekeeping
  • Home attendants

HCSP also provides Medicaid eligibility and information about Assisted Living Program (ALP) services that are administered by New York State.

Determining Eligibility

New York City provides home care assistance to people who are Medicaid-eligible, and who are not required to enroll in a Managed Care or Managed Long Term Care plan.

Medicaid Specialists will determine your eligibility for Medicaid. An Independent Assessor (IA) contracted by the New York State Department of Health will review your medical needs and determine the appropriate care. Cases referred from the IA to HCSP will be reviewed and a service plan will be developed. A case manager will be assigned to assist you with the service plan development process.


Learn more about the Home Care Services Program.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

Families who need home care services for a child, or an adult who lives with a child may be eligible for assistance. For any household that includes a child under the age of 18, an Administration for Children's Services (ACS) assessment is the first step to receiving Medicaid-funded home care services as well as information on the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP). Depending on the needs of your family, additional services may also be offered.


Get information for home care services for households with children.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

Older Adults age 60 and older who need personal care or housekeeping services but aren't eligible for Medicaid home care services may be eligible for assistance. 

A local case management agency will assess your situation and determine if you qualify for home care services funded by the Department for the Aging (DFTA). They can also help you with any other questions about home care.

Assistance is also available if you are an older adult who is already receiving home care and you have questions about your service.

Learn more about home care services.

Find a case management agency.

Contact them by phone. If you get the voicemail system, leave a message with your contact information and you'll get a call back.

New York City provides home care services for people living with AIDS or HIV, who are having difficulty with one or more activities of daily life, such as:

  • Walking
  • Preparing food
  • Cleaning
  • Bathing
  • Using the bathroom

Services include:

  • Cooking
  • Housekeeping
  • Shopping
  • Assistance with moving around
  • Personal hygiene
  • Toileting

Depending on need, you may also receive visiting nurse or other health care services in the home.


Get information about home care services for individuals with AIDS and HIV.

By Phone

  • Agency: Human Resources Administration
  • Phone Number: (718) 557-1399
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
  • Automated Assistance is available in multiple languages 24 hours, 7 days a week. Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours, except on City Holidays. Most languages are available through a staff person.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No