You can sign up to receive emails for the latest updates on high school admissions, including events. You can also get updates on the Department of Education website.
- Week of January 18, 2021: application period begins
- February 23, 2021: deadline to apply
- March: offer letters mailed and results available on MySchools
You can apply for up to 12 programs on your application.
To decide which programs to include on your application, you can:
- Research high school programs using School Finder.
- Read the High School Admissions Guide. You can pick up a copy from your school counselor or at a Family Welcome Center.
- Visit or attend open houses or other events at schools you’re interested in
- Attend a high school fair to speak with representatives from different schools
How to Apply
During the application period, you can apply:
- Online with MySchools
- Through your school counselor
You can list to up to 12 programs on your application. Rank each program in order of preference.
All students who applied will receive a high school offer in March. Offers will also be available to view in MySchools.
Offers are based on seat availability, admissions priorities, and admissions methods.
Most students get an offer to attend one of the programs ranked on their application, but it’s not guaranteed. If you don’t get an offer from one of the programs on your application, you will get one to another school.
You cannot appeal to change your high school match.
Your child will be automatically added to the waitlist for any school that you placed higher on your application than the school where you got an offer. For example, if your child got an offer to attend the school you listed third on their application, they will be added to the waitlist for your first and second choice schools.
You will also be able to add your child to a waitlist for schools lower on their list or a school you didn’t list on your application.
You can check your child’s place on the waitlist for any school through your MySchools account. You can also contact the school. If a seat opens up, the school will contact you directly with an offer.