In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be a NYCHA or NYCHA Section 8 resident 18 years of age or older
- Be able to attend all program sessions from 6 PM to 8 PM for 14 sessions over a 10 week period
- Have a passion for the food business
Participants are selected through a competitive application and interview process based on business history, business plans and references, and applicants who demonstrate “entrepreneurial spirit” during in-person interviews.
If selected, you must bring the following supportive documents to the interview:
- Two professional references (required; not from family members or close friends)
- Business or marketing plan (optional – bring if you have it)
Selected applicants will be notified and must confirm their acceptance into the program.