If you want to work at child care, home care, or family care facilities, including those entities that are under contract with the City of New York, you must first be fingerprinted.
You must be screened for criminal convictions and/or pending criminal actions. All prospective hires must have their fingerprints checked against New York State and Federal criminal records databases. Notifications of arrests in New York State are provided on an ongoing basis for all active employees.
Fingerprinting for child care staff is conducted on behalf of DOI/DOHMH at IdentoGO centers (operated by IDEMIA). IdentoGO centers are located throughout the five boroughs as well as outside New York City.
Applicants must schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted at IdentoGO. Walk-in service is not available.
Specific location information and service hours are available online.
Visit the IdentoGO website.
You must bring:
- Fully completed application, which must be obtained from your employer or program.
- The application must have your original signature along with the Permit number of the organization for which you will be working.
- Photo identification from the following list:
- Driver's license or non-driver ID
- Student ID
- Naturalization or Green Card
- U.S. Passport
- Public assistance card
- Other Government-issued ID
- Processing fee
The processing fee is $101.75.
The fee can be paid for by:
- Credit card (MasterCard, American Express, VISA or Discover). If you choose to pay with a credit or debit card, you will be charged a fee of 2% of the payment.
- Postal Money Order from the U.S. Post Office, made payable to IdentoGo. Other types of money orders will not be accepted.
Fingerprint results will not be sent to the child care program. You and your employer will receive a letter notifying you if you can work once your fingerprint and all other Comprehensive Background Check requirements are met.
If you need more assistance, send an email to email@example.com.