You can request a replacement for a lost, stolen, or damaged Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) license plate, decal sticker, ID Card, or license complaint sign.
If the item you want to replace was stolen, you must file a lost property report with law enforcement and give DCA the complaint number.
You can submit a License Replacement request in person at the DCA Licensing Center or online.
Once your request is approved, DCA will either mail you the replacement or ask you to pick it up at the DCA Licensing Center at 42 Broadway in Manhattan.
There is a $15 fee to replace
- License complaint sign or individual license
- Identification Card (Horse Drawn Cab Owner; General Vendor Distributor; Tow Truck)
There is a $10 fee to replace:
- General Vendor Home Improvement Contractor, or Home Improvement Salesperson license
There is a $25 fee to replace:
- License plates (single or set)
- Decal stickers (single or set)
Go to the DCA Business Toolbox.
Submit a License Replacement request at:
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
DCA Licensing Center
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM