Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

In-person assistance is limited and by appointment only.

You can submit a license replacement request by:

You can request a replacement for a lost, stolen, or damaged Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) license plate, decal sticker, ID Card, or license complaint sign. 

If the item you want to replace was stolen, you must file a lost property report with law enforcement and give DCA the complaint number. 

You can submit a License Replacement request online or in person at the DCA Licensing Center at 42 Broadway in Manhattan. Once your request is approved, DCA will either mail you the replacement or ask you to pick it up in person at the Licensing Center.


  • License complaint sign or individual license: $15
  • Identification Card (Horse Drawn Cab Owner; General Vendor Distributor; Tow Truck): $15
  • General Vendor Home Improvement Contractor, or Home Improvement Salesperson license: $10
  • License plates (single or set): $25
  • Decal stickers (single or set): $25


You need a DCA account to request a replacement online.

Log in or register for a DCA account.

In Person

NYC Department of Consumer Affairs Licensing Center
42 Broadway
New York, NY 10004
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No