Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

In-person assistance is limited and by appointment only.

You can withdraw by:

If you gave someone permission to submit a Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) license application for you and you want to take it back, you must contact DCA. This permission is called Granting Authority to Act. You can withdraw it in person or by mail. You must withdraw it before DCA issues the license.

To withdraw Granting Authority to Act for non-DCA licenses, permits, or certificates, you must notify the relevant City agency.

By Mail

To withdraw by mail, send a letter to:

Attn: Licensing Center
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
42 Broadway
New York, NY 10004

In Person

To withdraw in person, visit the DCA Licensing Center at 42 Broadway in Manhattan. 

The Center's hours of operation are: 

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9 AM to 5 PM 
  • Wednesday: 8:30 AM to 5 PM

The following types of businesses are licensed by DCA:

  • Bingo Game Operators and Commercial Lessors
  • Booting Companies 
  • Car Washes
  • Construction Labor Providers
  • Dealers in Products for the Disabled 
  • Debt Collection Agencies 
  • Electronic and Home Appliance Service Dealers 
  • Electronic Cigarette Retail Dealers
  • Electronics Stores 
  • Employment Agencies 
  • Games of Chance
  • Garages and Parking Lots 
  • General Vendors and Distributors 
  • Home Improvement Contractors
  • Horse Drawn Cab Owners and Drivers 
  • Laundries (industrial, industrial delivery) 
  • Locksmiths and Apprentices 
  • Newsstands (all types)
  • Pawnbrokers 
  • Pedicab Businesses and Drivers
  • Process Serving Agencies and Process Server Individuals
  • Scale Dealers and Repairers 
  • Scrap Metal Processors 
  • Secondhand Dealers of Automobiles 
  • Secondhand Dealers 
  • Sidewalk Cafes 
  • Sightseeing Buses and Guides
  • Stoop Line Stands 
  • Storage Warehouses 
  • Temporary Street Fair Vendors
  • Third-Party Food Delivery Services
  • Ticket Seller Businesses and Individuals
  • Tobacco Retail Dealers
  • Tow Truck Companies and Tow Truck Drivers

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No