Need something else?

You can get information and assistance if you are interested in doing business with the City of New York.

Most vendor service procurement by City agencies must be obtained through the bid process. While the lowest bid is an important factor, it is not always the only factor in choosing a vendor. The ability to deliver the desired services in the required timeframes, experience in a desired field, and other factors are also considered.

Individuals and businesses interested in doing business with the Department of Finance (DOF) or other City agencies can get more information on the DOF’s website.

Get information about doing business with the City.

Getting Paid

As a vendor or contractor, you must register online to do business with the City through the Payee Information Portal (PIP). Once you are approved by the Comptroller's Office, you will be provided with an active vendor code.

You must also have a valid purchase order, contract, or service call number before beginning work for a city agency. Each city agency is responsible for providing purchase orders, contracts, and service call numbers to the vendors and contractors doing business with them.

For vendors and contractors, each City agency’s accounts payable unit:

  • Handles the invoice process and advises vendors of requirements and procedures
  • Responds to questions about the payment process
  • Resolves any problems that arise

To obtain payment, you must submit invoices to the agency. Invoices should:

  • Note the purchase order, contract, or service call number for the job
  • Include a description of the service or goods and the date(s) and location for where and when they were rendered or shipped

For vendors or contractors with a maintenance contract for equipment, the invoice should:

  • Note the month being billed
  • Include the type, serial number(s), and location of the equipment

Sales tax should not be included because the City does not pay sales tax.

Once submitted, invoices are entered into the Citywide Financial Management System (FMS). Once accepted, invoices are scheduled for payment to the vendor or contractor by the Comptroller's Office. Payment can be made to you either by check or by direct deposit to your bank account through the Electric Funds Transfer (EFT) Program.

Payment Not Received

If you do not receive an expected payment in the mail because of an incorrect mailing address or a lost or stolen check, you should contact the City agency with which you do business. The agency will investigate. 

Depending on the outcome of the investigation, you may be asked to submit one or more forms or documents, including signature verification.

Receiving Bid Updates

To receive updates on current bids and proposal information, interested vendors must register with and view bids on the City Record website. 

Access the City Record Online (CROL).

You can get information about contracting opportunities with City agencies.

Visit the Mayor's Office of Contract Services website.

Contact the Mayor's Office of Contract Services.

City agencies use centralized bid lists to notify registered vendors about opportunities to sell goods and services to the government. Vendors can sign up to receive electronic, mailed, or faxed notices of upcoming opportunities.

City agencies issue notifications about purchases over $20,000 and up to $100,000 to a selection of 5 random vendors and at least 10 MWBE vendors. For contracts of higher amounts, all vendors registered for that good or service are sent a solicitation notice.

You can get information online about registering for the City Bid List. You can also contact the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services for more assistance.

Visit the Mayor's Office of Contract Services website.

Contact the Mayor's Office of Contract Services.

You can get information about city contracting opportunities through PASSPort on the Mayor's Office of Contract Services website. You can also view the Getting Started: An Introduction to Doing Business with the City of New York guide for some helpful information.

Learn more about PASSPort.

View guides and videos on how to use PASSPort.

Technical Assistance

You can get more information and technical assistance by contacting the MOCS Service Desk online.

VENDEX is now PASSPort

PASSPort is the City’s new, user-friendly, online procurement portal where vendors and Agencies exchange information to create and manage vendor accounts, submit disclosure information, complete performance evaluations as well as find and respond to contracting opportunities.

The City is no longer accepting paper VENDEX packages. PASSPort has replaced paper-based processes, including VENDEX questionnaires. You can submit your disclosure information online in PASSPort either for current or future contracting opportunities.

If you are a vendor, you can get information about franchises and concessions on City property.

Franchises and concessions are also subject to the approval of the Franchise and Concession Review Committee (FCRC) in certain circumstances. Depending on the type or size of the franchise or concession, the FCRC may have to conduct a public hearing or a vote for approval.

Learn more about franchises and concessions.

Contact the Mayor's Office of Contract Services.

Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) that want to do business with New York City government can receive certification.

Each small business must be:

  • At least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by minority members and/or women
  • In business for at least 1 year
  • Located in New York City or have a significant tie to the City's business community


Learn more about the Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise Program.

By Email

For help with specific questions about the program, eligibility requirements, or the online application, email

City agencies contract with for-profit and non-profit corporations through the competitive bid process.  

You can get more information if you represent an organization interested in contracting with the Administration for Children's Services (ACS) to provide child care services.

Learn about doing business with ACS.

Individual child care providers interested in affiliation with an ACS contracted Family Child Care Network should contact a network directly. You can get telephone assistance with this process from the Child Care Resource and Referral Consortium, which is a non-profit organization funded by New York State.

  • Agency: Child Care Resource and Referral Consortium
  • Phone Number: (212) 206-7818
  • Business Hours: Monday - Saturday: 9 AM - 6 PM

You can get information about bidding on DDC projects, including process, status, and outcome.


Get information about bidding on City projects.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No